C'est la vie means "This is the life" in french. This blog is where I'll share what's going on and what's going through my mind.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Passionately Pink for the Cure!


Growing up my favorite color was PINK! From my favorite dessert (and doll), Strawberry Shortcake, to my jelly shoes, I always picked pink. My passion for pink has recently resurfaced. I've been wanting get involved and volunteer but just couldn't decide on an organization. None of the opportunities jumped out at me until last week. I was at a 100 Wise Women event and was seated next to a woman I was drawn to immediately. She spoke of her volunteer work with such passion that I was envious. When I found out she volunteered for Susan G. Komen, I took it as a sign that this is where I would donate my time, energy and skills. My Aunt Sarah and Patrick's Aunt Tracie are both breast cancer survivors. They are both amazing women, mothers, sisters, daughters, and aunts. They have made a difference in the lives of so many and thankfully are still here to continue doing so.

I've been tasked with chairing the Volunteer Committee of Komen Louisville's Pink Tie Ball being held September 11th. I will be soliciting volunteers with a wide array of talents to help make this year's event a success. Your contribution, big or small, will make a huge difference. If you would like to volunteer, please let me know.

In the mean time, sport your pink to show support for all of those who have battled breast cancer. Let's keep searching for a cure so our grandmother, mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts and girlfriends can live a life free of breast cancer and continue to influence the lives of those around them.

Upcoming Komen Louisville events include:
Kentucky Oaks Survivors Parade
Kentucky Oaks Pink Out
Race for the Cure

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jen! You are a true inspiration, along with millions of other women touched in some way to this disease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful cause - I am proud of you for putting yourself out there like that. I need to get my butt in gear and find something to volunteer for her (maybe literacy?). Anyway, good on ya girl :)
    Erin

    ReplyDelete