C'est la vie means "This is the life" in french. This blog is where I'll share what's going on and what's going through my mind.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Movin' on Up

Before Pat and I met I lived in a condo I bought when I was 25. When I moved in, for the first time in my life, I had my OWN place. No roommates, no boyfriend, no family members within 45 minutes. I had two friends in that part of town whom I had just become good friends with so I had a small, yet extremely important safety net. In my first 2 years of living there I learned so much about myself that I really don’t think I’d ever have discovered unless I was alone. I learned how to take care of myself when I was sick. I learned how to do my finances and was forced to make responsible decisions, I learned that I could do things I never thought I would. I made an amazing group of friends that would literally die for me. I had established a successful career path in Humana’s Internal Audit department, leading an audit team, and traveling all over the US. I had made stronger bonds with both of my sisters and learned they had grown into absolutely amazing women. I experienced the first heart-wrenching scare of my life- my mother in ICU for a week due to a brain bleed. I witnessed the miracle of God and watched her heal 110%. I learned to take responsibility for my actions and mended some broken friendships. I also mended my own heart that still hadn’t healed from being broken what felt like time after time after time. I went on some really really disastrous dates- some funny, some heart-wrenching, some flat out scary (I should do a blog just on that). I learned how to be responsible with money, with my career, with my family & friends, with my life. I fell in love with the most amazing man in the world while I was living there. Patrick proposed to me in the kitchen in that condo! We started our life together there. I began to learn to share my space and understand the importance of choosing my battles wisely. I realized so much about myself while living in that condo. And tonight I realized something else. All of this will come with me to our new home. And we’ll fill that house full with so many more experiences, life lessons and incredible blessings to be thankful for. I can’t wait!



Here are a few pictures of our new home. We should be closing within the next two weeks.



4 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I LOVE your new house! And you're right....more great memories to come!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sarah, your "code name" is so funny! I'm very excited to see what's to come and love this place as much as I loved the condo. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new property. I have forgotten about all of the ponds in OC. It was one of my favorite things when we moved to OC in high school. SOOOO happy for you and Pat. Can't wait to visit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful home! I know you all are so excited about beginning this new chapter in your lives. Can't wait to visit the pool and drink a few cold beverages. -- selfishly thinking :)

    ReplyDelete