C'est la vie means "This is the life" in french. This blog is where I'll share what's going on and what's going through my mind.

Friday, May 7, 2010

What's 'Growing' On?

For years I've made it a habit to buy the $5 pack of flowers at the grocery every week. It's one of my guilty pleasures. I paid little attention to the landscape when we bought our house so this spring has been full of beautiful surprises. The previous owners were quite the little flower gardeners. I won't lie, I have no idea what to do with these plants other than clip them, stick them in a vase and enjoy them for myself. So we bought some flowers of our own to add to the mix and planted our annual herb garden. My guilty pleasure isn't so guilty now. :-)

Here's what's 'growing' on at our place.

Roses!



I think this is a hydrangea bush.

I found one yellow and one purple pansy in an old plant and they survived!

We cheated and bought these!







"One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong..." I think these guys got too much sun? :-/

3 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL flowers, girlie! I love them! I haven't planted anything yet but I just might!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait to see your house!!!! I am going to try and drive to KY after work on Friday that way when I wake up I will be there. Do you have anything planned on the 15th or 16th?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flowers are gorgeous! I am so excited that my roses have come in well this year, so I have some in my house too.
    I've got my little veggie garden up and running... can't wait to enjoy the fruits of that labor!

    ReplyDelete