C'est la vie means "This is the life" in french. This blog is where I'll share what's going on and what's going through my mind.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

the power of gratitude

"Ahh Ha!" moments are incredible gifts, aren't they? There's something to be said about that split second of clarity when all the chaos turns to structure, when a mess is suddenly clear. I had one of those moments today. I was sitting at my desk completely frustrated with the task at hand. That frustration soon turned from frustration with the project to frustration with myself, my job and then my life. I was having a pity party and complaining to myself about all sorts of things. Then in a split second something clicked in my mind and I just laughed out loud. I have so much to be thankful for yet I was exerting my energy on my frustrations. So I took a break and started listing the things I'm thankful for. Within 5 minutes my frustrations were put into perspective. Gratitude is certainly a powerful gift yet it's often overlooked. It's my goal to be more cognizant of everything I have when I start to complain about what I don't.

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings. — William Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment