C'est la vie means "This is the life" in french. This blog is where I'll share what's going on and what's going through my mind.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sinfully Delicious (and healthy) Finds

I've got to share two recipes that I've been turned on to lately. They are amazingly delicious and the sweetest part is they're good for you.

Carrot Peanut Butter
1/3 c. natural peanut butter (ingredients should be peanuts and salt only)
2/3 c. steamed, smashed carrots

This is a great way to make peanut butter better for you. Steam your carrots for about 20 minutes until fork tender. Mash them with a fork. Mix 2/3 cup of the smashed carrots with 1/3 cup of natural peanut butter in a food processor or blender. I didn't have either handy when I made this and just used my hand mixer. It's much smoother when you use a food processor or blender, though.

This recipe makes 1 c. of spread. It's great with pretzels, veggies, and sandwiches. Keep it refrigerated!

You can also mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, or other flavors to spice it up some. I found this recipe on the Mohr Results website.

Breakfast Cookies
My sister, Brigitte, shared this recipe with me. She found it on the Glamour website.

Gina's Amazing Breakfast Cookie
Recipe adapted for Vitamin G, courtesy of Fitnessista

Ingredients:

1/3 cup oats
1 tablespoon of nut butter (almond, peanut, whatever--pick your fave!)
A sprinkling of protein powder such as Designer Whey (note: this is optional)
1/8 cup of soy milk or milk (or almond milk or whatever you like)
1/2 cup of optional add ins (ideas: mashed bananas, canned pumpkin, apple sauce)
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
Optional: A sprinkling of something sweet, like a little sugar, agave or honey (Gina uses stevia)

Preparation:

Mix all ingredients together, then put the "dough" on a plate and form into a flat, round shape. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. It will harden slightly from the nut butter and the oats will soften from the milk. In the morning, grab a spoon and enjoy!

Here are Brigitte's suggested changes:
I actually use 1/2 cup of oatmeal and omit the protein powder. If I use applesauce as the flavor, I decrease it to 1/3 cup, just to make it less runny. I'll probably figure out a way to use the carrot peanut butter, but for now, I'm making as is. It will be really good when summer rolls around since it's a no cook recipe.

I hope you all enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. YUM YUM!! Thanks for sharing these! I can't wait to try them! I love your blog! I hope you win my giveaway! :)

    ReplyDelete