C'est la vie means "This is the life" in french. This blog is where I'll share what's going on and what's going through my mind.

Friday, December 17, 2010

Snow Days

Mother nature recently provided this winter's first snow/ice storm. Coincidentally, it also happened to be our first snow at this house. While we didn't get a snow in, there was just enough on the ground to get my husband out of bed at 7:30 to go outside and play. This summer he bought a 4-wheeler that came with a snow plow and salt spreader. Before I could brush my teeth and get downstairs he was suited up and ready to plow.

Off to a great start!


The house must have shielded the top of the drive from accumulating too much ice, but the rest of the driveway was covered.




















I'd been nursing a cold for a few days (well, still am) so at first I wanted nothing to do with the cold. But after watching Pat romp around I found myself suiting up, too. We took a quick ride and snapped a few pics.

There was a thin layer of ice on pretty much everything.





The lake and our neighbor's pond had a layer of ice on them, too. Yes, that's Pat standing on the ice. Even jumped a few times. He's smiling but I wasn't amused (fine... I really was, but not until after he got off the ice without incident).





We rode our property line and stumbled upon a family of deer. They weren't scared a bit by the 4-wheeler. We acknowledged each others' presence and went about our business. I'm not gonna lie, it was pretty cool. These pics are like a search and find- it's amazing how the deer just blend in.

We're now keeping our fingers crossed for some good old fashioned SNOW- a storm that gives us adults a snow day from work. My boots, coat, hat, gloves and hot chocolate are awaiting!

1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA!!! I LOVE this! That looks like so much fun! The deer are beautiful! I hope you get your real snow soon! :) And I hope you are feeling better! :)

    ReplyDelete